welcome to my website.
I am an applied economist with expertise on the interactions between transport choices and the environment, and the valuation of environmental assets.
I have a degree in Economics from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy). That included two 1-year experiences abroad under the Erasmus Programme. The first at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Montpellier 1. The second at the Department of Agricultural Economics, School of Agricultural Engineering, of the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
I came back to Montpellier after my degree for a Master in Agricultural, Rural and Food Economics, jointly offered by the Faculty of Economics of the University of Montpellier, and the Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique Montpellier (ENSAM). During my Master I was also an intern at the European Parliament in Brussels, where I also worked for a small policy consultancy.
I then moved to the UK, and in 2006 I obtained my PhD in Economics at the former Wye Campus of Imperial College London, with a thesis exploring labour and residential preferences of the rural population of a case study region in Slovenia (using discrete choice stated preference techniques).
In 2007 I joined the Transport Studies Group of the School of Civil and Building Engineering, Loughborough University, where I was a research associate and temporary lecturer until April 2014. My teaching work is currently exclusively online, for the Centre of Environment, Development and Policy of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) of the University of London. While continuing my teaching work at SOAS, in January 2021 I joined the School of Economics of the University of Kent as a part-time researcher. There, I am also a member of the Centre for European Agri-Environmental Studies (CEAS).
I have worked on a diverse portfolio of policy-relevant multi-disciplinary research (funded, for example, by the EU Commission, European Regional Development Fund, EPSRC, ESRC), and consultancy projects (for clients like Leicestershire County Council, Independent Transport Commission, Department of Business, Innovation and Skills). Here you can find more info about my research and consultancy projects, and here you can see my publications.
I can offer a range of consultancy services to both small and large customers in the transport and environmental sectors. These include:
- school and workplace travel plans, design and organisation of active travel initiatives
- travel behaviour survey design and analysis
- freight practice survey design and analysis
- vehicle choice survey design and analysis
- environmental valuation survey design and analysis
- customer satisfaction survey design and analysis
- policy impact evaluation
- demand forecast and simulation
- transport policy (personal and freight) design
- evidence assessment and literature reviews
- monitoring and reviewing of external consultants’ work (for government and local authorities)
- teaching, tutoring and supervising students in transport and environmental economics and policy/valuation/transport economics and policy/transport and environment/urban freight and logistics
Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.
You can follow me on Twitter here.
All the very best